The Society’s Annual General Meeting for 2023 will be held via Zoom on Saturday 9th December 2023 at 11:00am. Please see below for the agenda, related documents and joining instructions.
- Apologies for absence.
- Reminder of the procedure for this meeting.
- Adoption of the minutes of the 2022 AGM held on 10th December 2022).
- Reports: i. Chair; ii. Treasurer.
- Election of auditors
- Election of Trustees: i. Re-election of Pat Tolster; ii. Election of Sue Ball.
- Guest presentation on The Montgomery Canal Restoration by Richard Harrison, Principal Project Manager, Canal & River Trust.
- Any other business.
In relation to agenda item 3, please see the minutes from the 2022 AGM.
In relation to agenda item 4ii, please see the Financial Statement for the year ended 31st March 2023 (re Item 4ii).
To attend by video
You will need a PC, laptop, tablet or smartphone with a camera and microphone. You can then either use the Zoom application (having previously installed it) or connect to Zoom via a browser.
Please use the link: tinyurl.com/sucsagm23 (Zoom) or specify meeting ID 837 5939 3841 and password 571352.
To track attendance, please specify your first and last name using the Chat facility.
If you wish to speak, please alert the chair by raising your hand.
To attend using a landline or mobile phone
Please call 020 3481 5237 and when asked for:
- Meeting ID: type in 83759393841 followed by the hash key
- Participant ID: just press the hash key
- Password: type in 571352 followed by the hash key
To track attendance, please announce your first and last name when joining.
If you wish to speak, at a suitable point, please make a verbal request and state your name.
Only one person should speak at a time.
Please mute your microphone unless you are invited to speak by the chair. At that point, please ensure your microphone is on and state your name.
The chair shall call for a member to propose and second when required.
Voting will be by a show of hands and any member not present will therefore not be able to vote. Please ensure that your voting intention is clear for the chair to see or hear.
Should you have any questions on the AGM, please contact the Society’s Secretary Sue Ball by email via firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to 17 Bitham Court, Stretton, Burton-on-Trent, DE13 0XJ.